MSL20118 Certificate II in Sampling and Measurement
Are you looking to start your career in the exciting field of science?
The Certificate II in Sampling and Measurement will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to gain an entry-level role in the laboratory sector, and for further study.
Samplers and testers conduct limited sampling and testing as part of their duties in their particular industry. In some industry sectors (for example, mineral assay) this work forms a whole job role. They apply a restricted range of skills and operations knowledge to perform these tasks and do not generally work inside a laboratory. They:
- follow set procedures to sample raw materials and products
- may package, label, store and transport samples
- use simple equipment (hydrometers, thermometers and pH meters) to make measurements and perform basic tests that take a short time and involve a narrow range of variables and easily recognised control limits
- May make visual inspection of products and packaging.
Examples of the work of sampler/testers are given below:
- An operator in a quarry may take samples from stockpiles and conveyors and conduct simple tests on different grades of aggregates.
- A field officer working in environmental monitoring may visit a catchment area to collect water samples.
- Samplers/testers take air samples for testing for microbial monitoring or air conditioning or cooling towers.
This qualification is typically used to prepare new entrants or develop the skills of existing workers within the construction, manufacturing, resources and environmental industry sectors.
This qualification is offered through VET in School (VETiS)
Careers in Laboratory
The Certificate II in Sampling and Measurement prepares you for roles such as:
- samplers and testers,
- production personnel,
- plant operators,
- production operator
- field assistants, and many others
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Please note that there is a selection of elective units to choose from. Alternative combinations of units may be selected and in some cases prerequisite units may need to be completed. For more advice contact: FS Alliance or go to : https://training.gov.au/Search