FBP30117 Certificate III in Food Processing
This qualification describes the skills and knowledge for food processing workers employed in the following sectors:
- grain processing (including stock feed, animal feeds, milling wheat, barley, oats and flour milling)
- baking (including large scale production of cakes, pastry, bread, biscuits and plant baking)
- retail baking
- beverages (including juices, soft drinks, cordials, aerated and still waters, energy drinks and other modified beverages, such as vitamin and antioxidant beverages, coffee, tea and ice)
- dairy processing
- fruit and vegetables
- grocery products and supplies (including honey, jams, spreads, sauces, dressings, condiments, spices, edible oils and fats and pasta)
This qualification is designed for production related roles that require application of industry specific skills and knowledge across a range of processes, including some technical and problem solving ability. It caters for multi-skilled outcomes and roles that include team leader functions within the production environment. All work must be carried out to comply with workplace procedures, in accordance with State/Territory food safety, work health and safety and environmental codes, regulations and legislation that apply to the workplace.
No occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Careers in Food Processing
Examples of occupational outcomes:
- Advanced packaging operator
- Advanced production operator
- Food processing operator (grain)
- Food processing technician (poultry)
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Please note – All qualifications are able to be customised since particular combinations of elective units can be selected to suit individual candidate needs and the industry sector, and in some cases prerequisite units may need to be completed. For more advice contact FS Alliance or go to : https://training.gov.au/Search