AMP30516 - Certificate III in Meat Processing (Slaughtering)
This qualification covers work activities undertaken by workers undertaking slaughtering duties in abattoirs.
Graduates from this qualification will have a wide range of cognitive, technical and communication skills to select and apply a specialised range of tools, materials and information to:
- complete routine activities
- provide and transmit solutions to predictable and sometimes unpredictable problems.
The AMP30516 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Slaughtering) is a highly flexible qualification enabling selections to be made from a wide range of units.
Typical occupational outcomes from this qualification are:
Pathways & Opportunities:
This qualification is aimed at existing workers. The Certificate III qualification reflects the role of individuals required to apply a broad range of knowledge and skills in varied contexts and undertake skilled work. Certificate III is suitable for experienced operators, technicians and trades workers. It is also a pathway to further learning.
AMP30516 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Slaughtering)
Participants should already be employed within the abattoir sector.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable Internet connection to access FS Alliances online learning system aXcelerate, and a computer or device with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You are responsible for meeting the minimum occupational health and safety requirements in practical assessments. This includes having access to and wearing appropriate attire including workplace specific PPE, appropriate clothing, safety footwear as per the workplace policy, knives and sharpening tools. More details will be provided after enrolment or during induction.
Assessment will be conducted via a number of different assessments, for example, written assessment (Quiz), workplace observation, and verification by supervisor/employer.
Fee for Service - $4,000
Queensland Government Certificate 3 Guarantee– See units for Student contribution fees* - Note eligibility criteria needs to be met to receive funding. Refer to www.fsalliance.edu.au for further details, including any tuition fee exemptions that may apply and the eligibility criteria
Enrolments are taken all year.
Applicants accepted Australia Wide.
- Workplace – face to Face
- Work in industry
- Blended (Face-to-Face and Online using aXcelerate)
We can assess your skills, directly apply credits from previous successful study, and give you advanced standing in your course.
Requirements for Completion of the Qualification
The following provides the packaging rules for this qualification, followed by the list of relevant units of competency.
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in:
- a minimum of 12 units of competency to a total value of 54 points:
- 7 core units (24 points) plus
- at least 5 elective units to a minimum value of 30 points elective units.
- Select at least 5 elective units to a minimum value of 30 points
- At least 3 units must be selected from the elective list
- The remaining two units may be selected from the elective list, this or any other endorsed Training Package or Accredited Course
- Selected units must be relevant to job outcomes in slaughtering and must be chosen to ensure the integrity of the qualification outcome at AQF level 3
- Selected units which do not already carry points will be worth 2 points
- Units marked with an (ɸ) must be undertaken with at least one other unit from the same section.
For Unit selections - AMP30516 Course Flyer - Click Here
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date|
|AMP30516 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Slaughtering)||01/05/2023||29/12/2023|